The regular monthly meeting of the City of Thornhill was held Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 2317 Stoneleigh Court. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm by Mayor Daniela Havens-Lastarria. Commissioners present were Doug Deatz, Josh Tennen and Nick Ress.
The MINUTES for JUNE will be reviewed at the AUGUST meeting.
FINANCIAL REPORT will be reviewed at the AUGUST meeting.
1. FINANCE–No Report
2. POLICE AND SAFETY–It was decided to have the Security Police on patrolin Thornhill at the beginning and end of each school year.
3. ROADS & SIGNS–No Report
4. ENTRANCE–Moss Clore is finding out what the cost would be to have the stumps of the trees at the entrance “ground out”.
5. TRASH–John Michael Demasie has worked out a new contract with Rumpke. Nick Ress moved to accept the new contract, Doug Deatz seconded and all voted YES.
6. DRAINAGE–A letter was read from the Borus’ requesting that the City inform them of any actions the City might take in dealing with the creek situation. At a meeting with the Mayor and two former Commissioners, Jeff Burnett and Nick Gerch, it was decided that the City do nothing, but let the individual home owners deal with the situation.
7. BLOCK WATCH–A meeting was held to setup a Block Watch in Thornhill. It was thought that the City be split up into groups of 6 homes with one person in each group be its contact person. A follow up meeting will be scheduled at a later time.
8. TAX BILLS–The 2016-2017 City tax bills were mailed. Taxes are due August 1, 2016.
9. WEB SITE–Nick Ress reviewed the Thornhill web site with us.
GOOGLE FIBER OPTICS–The first reading of the franchise agreement between the City of Thornhill and Google was held. Josh Tennen moved that is be accepted, Nick Ress seconded, all voted YES. It is the same contract as Jefferson County signed.
NEW DIRECTORY–With all of the new home owners in the City it was decided to start collecting the information for a new City directory.
The next meeting will be Monday, August 1, 2016 at 2410 Branning Road.