The regular monthly meeting of the City of Thornhill was held August 1, 2016 at 2410 Branning Road. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Daniella Havens-Lastarria. Commissioners present were Doug Deatz, John Michael Demasie, Josh Tennen and Nick Ress.
The MINUTES for June and July were approved as presented.
The FINANCIAL REPORTS for June and July were approved as submitted.
1. FINANCE–The $10,000. CD matures this month. Doug Deatz moved that
we put $35,000. in the US Bank type of investments. Nick Ress seconded and
all voted YES. The Mayor will be added to signers for the City’s checking account.
2. POLICE & SAFETY–An automobile was stolen from the driveway of a Thornhill
resident. Several other residents report that their cars were searched.
3. ROADS & SIGNS–No Report
4. ENTRANCE–One of the lights at the entrance is out.
Lawn Co. has offered a design for the entrance including grinding out the
stumps, regrading the berm and removing the “sick” dogwood tree for $1800.
5. TRASH–No Report
6. DRAINAGE–No Report
7. BLOCK WATCH–No Report
8. TAX BILLS–Five tax bills have not been paid. The Treasurer will send the
home owners a letter requesting payment.
9. BOND ON CHECK SIGNERS–No Report
10. WEBSITE–No REPORT
11. GOOGLE FIBER OPTICS–The second reading of the franchise agreement
between The City of Thornhill and Google was held. Josh Tennen moved
that it be accepted, Nick Ress seconded, all voted YES. It is the same contract
as Jefferson County signed.
12. NEW DIRECTORY–Carolyn Phillips has again agreed to update the Thornhill
The annual Thornhill fall picnic will be held Sunday, September 25th with a rain date
of October 5, 2016.
A news letter will be sent out giving information about the Thornhill website, the picnic
and requests for information for the directory.
The next meeting will be Monday, September 6, 2016 at 2314 Thornhill Road.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned.